Recipe by Elmotoo
Here it is! The best poblano mashies around! Another from my 2005 calendar, lol. **this freezes well**
Top Review by dianegrapegrower
These were excellent! I love potato skins, so made these as stuffed, baked potatoes instead of boiling. The roasted poblanos add a nice smokey note. I didn't use the butter, and subbed 1/2 c. low fat sour cream for the cream. Best of all - the leftovers froze well. Just thawed and reheated in the toaster oven.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup garlic clove, peeled
- 1 poblano chile, stems & seeds removed
- 4 -6 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place 1/2c butter, garlic & chile in small, covered, ovenproof pot. Bake 1 hour.
- Rinse potatoes under cold water; cut into quarters. Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover potatoes; add 1TB salt. Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil until potatoes are tender when poked with a thin paring knife; drain.
- Let potatoes stand uncovered 3-5 minutes, allowing liquid to steam off.
- Remove butter mixture from the oven. In food processor, puree mixture to a fine consistency. Add puree to potatoes. Add remaining 1/2c butter, cream, 1 tsp salt and pepper; mash until creamy.