Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Another delicious potato recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Great recipe: I now know that I can enjoy virtually fat-free creamy, garlicky potatoes as often as I like - WOW! - so this recipe has seriously won me over! To get the full benefit of this recipe's potential for yumminess, especially if you love garlic, I really do believe that it is essential to bake the garlic as instructed. I made extra while I was baking the garlic for use in other recipes over the next week. Until recently, I've stubbornly continued to use Greek yoghurt - creamy and delicious but NOT low fat - in recipes, but discovered recently when making another recipe that low-fat yoghurts as ingredients are fine. My only change to this recipe was that I used rosemary from a grinder that contains a fabulously flavoursome rosemary and sage blend. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Karen=^..^=! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 2 whole garlic heads
- 2 lbs cubed peeled yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt or 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic heads (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap each head separately in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Place potato and onion in a saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine garlic, potato mixture, 1/4 cup cooking liquid, and remaining ingredients; mash with a potato masher.