Recipe by yooper
These are some awesome spuds. Got the recipe from "Epicourious.com." These are so addicting! I could make a meal of this alone!
Top Review by JustJanS
Yooper, you said it all, these spuds truly are awesome, addictive and could be a meal on their own. We ate them tonight, and didn't alter a thing in the recipe. I'm seeking out great potato recipes, and these are way up at the top of my list. Thanks.
- 3 1⁄4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh rosemary (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes and garlic in a large pot filled with boiling, salted water until potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, return potatoes and garlic to the same pot.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped prosciutto and 3/4 teaspoon minced rosemary.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add prosciutto mixture and 3/4 cup milk to potatoes and garlic.
- Mash well, adding more milk by tablespoonfuls if potatoes are too dry.
- Mix in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with additional fresh rosemary, if desired.