Angela Brewer's Note:
A compliment to roasted meats, vegetarian entrees or hearty winter greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and dice into equal pieces.
- 2Place in a pot with cold water, covering the potatoes by two inches.
- 3Boil until tender.
- 4Potatoes are overcooked if water is cloudy and white.
- 5Drain and place potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- 6Add sliced butter.
- 7Warm heavy cream slowly in the same pot.
- 8Whip potatoes and butter til smooth or to desired consistency.
- 9Slowly add cream.
- 10Salt to taste.
- 11In a large saute pan, add 2 Tbsp of pure olive oil or enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- 12Heat oil on high.
- 13When the oil begins to ripple, add the sliced mushrooms.
- 14Without moving the mushrooms, allow them to brown til golden.
- 15Turn mushrooms and do the same on the other side.
- 16Turn heat to low and add sliced garlic and red pepper flakes.
- 17When garlic is lightly golden, drain excess oil from pan.
- 18Dust pan with flour and whisk in milk.
- 19Whisk til gravy consistency and salt to taste.
- 20If too thick, adjust with more milk, and if too thin, continue to reduce liquid over low heat.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes with Organic Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.0
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 206.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
organic domestic mushrooms