Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the flavour and colour combination of mozzarella, tomato and basil and it goes really well with just about anything. This side dish is particularly good with chicken.
- Set a pan of water to boil.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into eighths.
- Put them in the pan of hot water to boil for 15-20 minutes, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop the cherry tomatoes into eighths and set aside.
- Add the pine nuts to the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the fresh basil leaves into the tomato mixture.
- When the potatoes are cooked and soft, mash them.
- Stir the cream cheese and olive oil into the mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix gently.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to the mashed potatoes and gently stir to mix. Do not stir too much as the mozzarella can become "stringy" if mixed too much.
- Serve hot!
- Note: These mashed potatoes can also be stored in the fridge and reheated in the microwave if you have leftovers!