1/1 Photo of Mashed Potatoes With Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil and Pine Nuts
I love the flavour and colour combination of mozzarella, tomato and basil and it goes really well with just about anything. This side dish is particularly good with chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set a pan of water to boil.
- 2Peel the potatoes and chop them into eighths.
- 3Put them in the pan of hot water to boil for 15-20 minutes, until cooked.
- 4Meanwhile, chop the cherry tomatoes into eighths and set aside.
- 5Add the pine nuts to the tomatoes.
- 6Finely chop the fresh basil leaves into the tomato mixture.
- 7When the potatoes are cooked and soft, mash them.
- 8Stir the cream cheese and olive oil into the mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Add the tomato mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix gently.
- 10Add the mozzarella cheese to the mashed potatoes and gently stir to mix. Do not stir too much as the mozzarella can become "stringy" if mixed too much.
- 11Serve hot!
- 12Note: These mashed potatoes can also be stored in the fridge and reheated in the microwave if you have leftovers!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes With Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.9
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 408.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g