Recipe by Mariah
This is a great kid friendly way to add greens to a meal. I was a little skeptical of this recipe the first time I tried it, but it is really good. It's from a book called The Mom's Guide to Meal Makeovers, which I highly recommend for anyone trying to make fast, yummy, super healthy meals for their families. Enjoy!
Top Review by Marmie's
I have not used your recipe but wanted to share...yumm! My background is dutch and potatoe with Kale..."Boer kole"..well spelled something like that :) is fabulous! We don't use parm though and do add a few other ingredients, perhaps I should measure it out sometime, I think you would like it as well. Haven't had it in a while and the warm fuzzy I feel right now makes me want to make it! So glad you posted it!
- 1 (10 ounce) boxfrozen chopped kale
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup all-natural chicken broth (or milk)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook kale according to package directions. Drain in a colander and squeeze out any liquid.
- While kale is cooking, place potatoes in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Cover pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, at a low boil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, drain and return to pan. Add broth, cheese, butter, salt, and garlic powder and mash until smooth.
- Add kale and stir to combine. Season with pepper to taste.
- For Vegetarian do not use chicken broth.