i just threw this together last night when some great friends came over for dinner. it was a really tasty addition to the rest of the meal: big, fresh romaine salad, cran carrots (posted separately) sauteed mushrooms, my friend's lentil loaf (posted separately), rye bread, great spanish red wine, candidato-blueberry crumble for dessert (posted separately). and my husband and i just finished up the leftovers which reheated nicely. enjoy!
- cube and boil potatoes (with skins) in lightly salted water.
- strain, reserve 1 cup water.
- sautee garlic and leek in 2 Tbs oil until translucent.
- add kale, sautee until wilted.
- mash potatoes with reserved water, 2 remaining Tbs of oil.
- fold in sauteed veggies.
- add salt and pepper to taste.