1/2 Photos of Mashed Potatoes with Kale and Leeks
i just threw this together last night when some great friends came over for dinner. it was a really tasty addition to the rest of the meal: big, fresh romaine salad, cran carrots (posted separately) sauteed mushrooms, my friend's lentil loaf (posted separately), rye bread, great spanish red wine, candidato-blueberry crumble for dessert (posted separately). and my husband and i just finished up the leftovers which reheated nicely. enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cube and boil potatoes (with skins) in lightly salted water.
- 2strain, reserve 1 cup water.
- 3sautee garlic and leek in 2 Tbs oil until translucent.
- 4add kale, sautee until wilted.
- 5mash potatoes with reserved water, 2 remaining Tbs of oil.
- 6fold in sauteed veggies.
- 7add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes with Kale and Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: