Recipe by Rita~
A great way to kick up those leftover mashed potatoes. Just add cheese for goodness some spice and bake. Walla comfort food!
Top Review by breezermom
I loved the taste of this! Wish I'd had leftover mashed potatoes, but it was quick to make anyway. Loved the jarlsberg in this....usually end up with cheddar or a mexican mix. This was really great with the browning on top. Thanks for sharing!
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 1⁄2 cups jarlsberg cheese, diced 8 ounces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, # 186936
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the hot milk into the cold potatoes to soften add 1 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place into a butter casserole pan.
- Top with the remaining cheese, brush the oil over the top and sprinkle salt.
- Place in over for 20-30 minutes. Then place under broiler to brown the top if desired.