Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 5 medium potatoes
- water, Boiling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons parsley, Minced
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Cook in boiling salted water in medium-size saucepan until tender, drain.
- Mash, adding 1 T butter and the pepper.
- Add sour cream, horseradish, and minced parsley.
- Whip as for mashed potatoes.
- Place in serving bowl; top with 1 T melted butter and serve.
One word....AWESOME! Certainly something I would feel comfortable serving guests because it tastes like something I spent a lot of time making but was really a cinch to throw together! Thanks for a keeper! Oh, I added some milk too...just to keep it from being too dry!
Easy to make and I thought it was pretty good, but DH & DS didn't care for it. They thought the horseradish made the potatoes bitter. I would probably make it again for myself, but not for the whole family. Thanks for sharing.
Goes nicely with #128218, Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Pork Tenderloin. I had less sour cream than I thought, so I added some milk. Also added a bit of thyme. Very easy and quick. Will make again. Thanks, Jan!