Recipe by lets.eat
My DS was the first one to take a bite of this, he asked if I put mayonnaise in it, after I took a bite I admit it does have a mayonnaise to it, we liked it a great deal-and no I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise. This is a recipe CoffeeMom should try if she is curious what mayonnaise actually tastes like! It has the horseradish aroma but not taste.
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a 4-quart saucepan, add enough cold water to cover the potatoes, cover the pot. Heat on high until the water boils. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, around 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the horseradish, cream and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the cream is hot.
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to sit in the colander for a couple of minutes. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and mash. Stir in the cream mixture, blend well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.