Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple and quick recipe. If you like horseradish then you'll love these quick and easy taters.
- 6 medium potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 8-10 minutes; drain.
- Add butter, salt and pepper.
- Whip with an electric mixer on low speed or mash with a potato masher.
- Add sour cream and horseradish; mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy! I made this to go with meatloaf and it was a great accompaniment. I made as directed, but I added a bit more horseradish. I also added just a little bit of milk to thin them out a bit more. Thanks for a keeper cookin4my3boys. Made for Photo Tag.
These are wonderful!!! I made this recipe last night to serve with roast chicken. I took KC Cooker's advice and added a couple of cloves of garlic to the potatoes as they were boiling and it added a nice touch. I probably used more than 2 tbsps. horseradish since I LOVE it. Thanks for posting a keeper!
These are really delicious! Who knew that adding a small amount of horseradish could make such a difference in plain old mashed potatoes? These were nice and creamy and had excellent flavor! I boiled two cloves of garlic with the potatoes and mashed that in as well. Great recipe!