Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on a BBS. It was quoted from another website the poster could not recall.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- Cut all potatoes into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Set steamer rack in pot.
- Add enough water to pot to reach depth of 1 inch; bring to boil.
- Place potatoes on rack.
- Cover pot and steam potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and steamer rack from pot.
- Discard water in pot.
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Add half and half, green onions, and butter.
- Mash until almost smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.