Recipe by Chef mariajane
What a side dish this is!! For anyone that likes potatoes, this is just one different way of making them!!
Top Review by I'mPat
Delicious, usually I caramelize my onions using oil but the butter was a very nice change, though I did have an oops moment in that I forgot to reserve some of the water the potatoes were cooked in so used some milk instead, thank you Chef mariajane, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a lare saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until tender. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8-10 minutes. Turn heat ot medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes more, or until golden.
- When cooked, drain potatoes and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return potatoes to the pot along with the reserved water and remaining butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mash potatoes until well blended. Stir in onions and parsley.