Recipe by DailyInspiration
A nice variation on traditional mashed potatoes -- delicious for the holidays or any time. Recipe from Cuisine at Home.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream, warmed (or substitute half and half if you prefer)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender when pierced, 20-25 minutes. Drain, return potatoes to pot, and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute to remove excess moisture, stirring constantly.
- Off heat, mash potatoes in the pot with a masher or hand mixer. Stir in cream, cheese, butter, chives, salt and pepper.