1/1 Photo of Mashed Potatoes with Garlic, Basil and Chives
Sue Lau's Note:
I found this gem in a cookbook called Festive Recipes for the Holidays. Gave it some personal tweaks. Like more garlic. Can one have too much garlic? I don't think so! (Unless you're a vampire!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and chop into 2-inch pieces.
- 2Peel garlic cloves, and halve them if they are very large.
- 3Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water, salt lightly and bring to a boil.
- 4Add potatoes and garlic to the water and cook, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes, then drain.
- 5Place potatoes in a bowl, and add butter.
- 6Mash potatoes and garlic, and add basil, chives, and enough milk to achieve a creamy but not runny texture.
- 7Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes with Garlic, Basil and Chives
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 536.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.6 g