I found this gem in a cookbook called Festive Recipes for the Holidays. Gave it some personal tweaks. Like more garlic. Can one have too much garlic? I don't think so! (Unless you're a vampire!)
- Peel potatoes and chop into 2-inch pieces.
- Peel garlic cloves, and halve them if they are very large.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water, salt lightly and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and garlic to the water and cook, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes, then drain.
- Place potatoes in a bowl, and add butter.
- Mash potatoes and garlic, and add basil, chives, and enough milk to achieve a creamy but not runny texture.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.