Recipe by Felix4067
You couldn't eat this very often, it's too rich. But boy is it tasty! Definite comfort food, definitely NOT something to eat when you're watching your weight.
Top Review by EmilieLearnstoCook
These mashed potatoes were really good! The only thing I would change is boiling the garlic with the potatoes. Next time I will not boil the garlic at all, because that seemed to boil away all of the garlic flavor. So next time i'll chop up the garlic and mix it in at the end. But Thank you it was really good!
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup blue cheese, slightly crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Peel garlic cloves, and place in a large pan with the potato chunks.
- Cover with water, bring to a boil. Boil 15-20 minutes, until very tender; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients to potatoes, and mash coarsely with a potato masher or large fork.
- You may need to add a bit more evaporated milk to get your desired consistency.
- Serve with a little bit of butter melted over the top.