Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light-would be good with any grilled meat. Add some smoked paprika or chipotle powder for a variation.
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine 1st 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 min or til tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pan. Add buttermilk, and salt and pepper. Beat with a mixer on medium until smooth. Reheat on stove if needed. Serve with butter mixture.