I was surprised I couldn't find this recipe here. It is the only mashed potato recipe I use for the holidays,as it is even better made a day ahead. Not only is it delicious, but it's one less pot to wash when you want to enjoy your company. This also makes a nice potluck dish.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large cubes and boil in salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, then stir in the sour cream, milk and spices.
- Drain and mash the potatoes in the pot, then stir in the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon into a casserole dish or a 9x13 pan.
- You may cover it and refrigerate for 24 hours, or proceed to baking right away.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 for 45 min's.
- Increase the time if the dish has been chilled.