Sounds delicious and a different way to serve potatoes and a veggie in one! Adjusted from a Simple & Delicious recipe created by their test kitchen.
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed & warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pre- cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Place potatoes in water in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 12-14 minutes or until tender - then drain.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Mash with milk (use what is necessary to make them to your likeness regarding creaminess), butter, salt and pepper.
- Stir in corn and cheese.
- Sprinkle prepared dish with bacon (if desired).