1/3 Photos of Mashed Potatoes With Corn and Chives
this total comfort food is perfect for the holidays, from the NY Times
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes and garlic in pot, cover with water and boil until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove with slotted spoon and place in large bowl; add corn to boiling water and cook 2 minutes. Drain.
- 3Mash potatoes and garlic or put through a food mill. (A food mill will leave behind much of the skin.)
- 4Stir corn into mashed potatoes with enough buttermilk to make a medium-firm texture.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and stir in chives.
- 6To keep for up to one day, refrigerate, covered.
- 7To serve, place in glass dish, cover with plastic wrap and put in a microwave oven for about 8 minutes on high, stirring once or twice while reheating. If potatoes become too dry, stir in a little buttermilk.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes With Corn and Chives
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 53.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g