Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sounds a bit decadent but it's not, especially if you find fresh chanterelles growing in your yard. Just a tiny drop or two of white truffle oil will send your mashed potatoes over the edge, with or without the extravagant mushrooms! Splurge, you deserve it!
- 10 -12 new potatoes
- 15 -20 fresh chanterelle mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- kosher salt
- fresh ground white pepper
- Boil the potatoes until very soft, drain and return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes and stir in the butter then the chicken broth, adding 1/4 cup at a time. You may not need the entire cup. Stir until you get the consistency you like.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Saute the mushrooms and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushrooms are soft, which will take about 15 minutes, add this mixture to the mashed potatoes and drizzle with the truffle oil. Serve and top with parsley.