Recipe by Irmgard
This is a much lighter version of this recipe than others that I have seen but is still very tasty.
- 1⁄2 lb celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the celery root, potato and garlic until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Smash with a potato masher.
- Using electric beaters or a wooden spoon, beat in the milk, oil, salt and pepper until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the chives.