Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This side dish is easy and impressive.
- 3 lbs new potatoes (about 8)
- 1 lb celery root (about 2)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Peel potatoes and celery roots. cut into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a large pot.
- Cook potatoes and roots in boiling water (enough to cover) about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mash with a masher until smooth.
I love this dish!! I have made it several times and never posted a review!!! Great tasting potatoes with that extra something special.
I love celeric and mashed with potatoes it is perfect. I cut the recipe back to 2 potatoes, used 1 tbsp of butter and no milk. I love the parmesan it give the potatoes another flavor boost. Served with a small Salmon filet, Broccoli & Cauliflower - Lovely dinner thanks (Bird & Buddha)
Stunning side dish! I decreased the butter to 2 tablespoons, and made up for it with more cheese (and substituted blue cheese for parmesan). Very unique and worthy of company!