1/1 Photo of Mashed Potatoes With Carrots
This was started by my mom and was a main holiday staple in our household for MANY YEARS, but it is SO good, we have it quite often! People raise an eyebrow when we tell them about it, but after they taste it, they're HOOKED!!! You can adjust the amount to your needs. Just ENJOY!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and lightly scrub potatoes, cutting away any bad spots, but do NOT peel. Leave whole.
- 2Wash and lightly scrub carrots, removing ends, but do NOT peel. Cut in half or quarters.
- 3Place potatoes and carrots in large deep pan and add enough COLD water to cover about an inch above. Add 1-2 teaspoons salt to water, if desired.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat. When water comes to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until tender.
- 5When done, quickly and carefully, drain off all the water into colander.
- 6Return potatoes and carrots to pan ASAP!
- 7Immediately add the butter and seasonings; cover until butter is melted.
- 8Add the buttermilk a little at a time while mashing until desired consistency.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes With Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.0
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g