1/11 Photos of Mashed Potatoes Twice-Baked
From Quick Cooking magazine of 2005...just like the filling in a twice-baked baking potatoes but using either freshly made or leftover mashed potatoes. I like making extra mashed potatoes and then making this dish. I also like to add a bit of extra chopped green onion and extra crumbled bacon to the topping before baking. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk & butter, leftovers are fine)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (divided 1/2 c and 1/2 c)
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled (turkey bacon works fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a small skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, mashed potatoes, 1/2 c cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
- 3Spoon into a lightly sprayed/greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining cheese (and if desired, add some extra chopped green onion and extra crumbled cooked bacon to the top).
- 5Bake uncovered at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes Twice-Baked
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 978.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g