Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a twist on the common mashed potato recipe.The pesto is gently folded in to streak the potatoes.This would be fun for St. Patty's Day!
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (Pesto or your favorite store bought)
- basil, garnish
- pine nuts, garnish
- Cover and cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes in a large mixing bowl until no lumps remain.
- Add butter and milk, salt, and pepper mashing in to blend together.
- Fold in pesto very lightly just to streak the potatoes.
- Garnish with pine nut and basil.
Yum, yum, YUM!
Very different for us, but we enjoyed it a lot. I'm not a huge fan of pesto, but I really enjoyed it in mashed potatoes. I added some fresh oregano and a little garlic as well. Delish! Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
These are very delicious. It combines the wonderfulness of mashed potatoes with the great taste of pesto. We made this with chicken marsala for a wonderful italian meal. I followed all the ingredients per recipe.