Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
something to do with that box of instant mashed potatoes. This is very tasty.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope ranch salad dressing
- 8 -9 cups instant mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- With a mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, margarine, salad dressing, and nutmeg and mix well.
- Add potatoes and stir well.
- Transfer to 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Yum. These were really simple and good. I used one packet of instant mashed potatoes for 2 servings and had to fight my grandson to get my share. lol. Thanks Doug for a nice keeper. Made for Best of 2012 Tag.
Great potato dish! Loved the addition of the ranch and the nutmeg was a nice addition too. I made half of the recipe in two smaller ramekins. The potatoes actually puffed up a little while baking which was a pleasant surprise. Nice way to spruce up humble instant potatoes - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made these a week or so ago (during the switch over to Food.com). A great way to serve instant potatoes! Only change I made is omitted the nutmeg. Will definitely take this recipe with me to the boat . . . the Mexican potatoes are really not edible, hard as rocks. Made for Went to Market!