Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
High in vitamin C.
- 1 medium baking potato, well scrubbed & dried
- shortening or olive oil, to coat potato
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub a little bit of shortening over the whole potato.
- Poke several holes into potato with a fork.
- Place the potato directly on the oven rack and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a fork goes into it easily.
- Take the potato out of the oven and cut it in half.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before scooping out the potato, being careful to keep the jackets whole.
- Mash the potato with milk and butter.
- Butter the insides of the potato jackets, sprinkle with salt and serve with mashed potatoes.