Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My niece and I joined forced to duplicate our copycat version of this mashed potato recipe served at ¿Què Pasa? restaurant in Portland, Oregon. *Reminder that all the ingredients listed below are estimated.* A little bit of fresh minced cilantro was delicious on top as a garnish but I don't remember if they used that in the restaurant...?
- 453.59 g potato, peeled (we used a mixture of russets and Yukon Gold)
- 14.79 ml fresh jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 118.29-177.44 ml sour cream, to desired creaminess
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated (we used white cheddar cheese)
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- white pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml white corn kernels (Fresh or frozen. I used leftoer roasted fresh corn kernels.)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the potatoes until tender.
- Meanwhile as the potatoes are boiling, combine the remaining ingredients *except* for the corn in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the drained potatoes to the mixing bowl and mash them with the other ingredients. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Stir in the corn.
- Serve and enjoy!
Wonderful twist on mashed potatoes! Lots of flavor, with little bursts of sweetness from the corn and heat from the jalapeno. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 51