1/1 Photo of Mashed Potatoes Olè
My niece and I joined forced to duplicate our copycat version of this mashed potato recipe served at ¿Què Pasa? restaurant in Portland, Oregon. *Reminder that all the ingredients listed below are estimated.* A little bit of fresh minced cilantro was delicious on top as a garnish but I don't remember if they used that in the restaurant...?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb potato, peeled (we used a mixture of russets and Yukon Gold)
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2-3/4 cup sour cream, to desired creaminess
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (we used white cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- white pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white corn kernels (Fresh or frozen. I used leftoer roasted fresh corn kernels.)
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the potatoes until tender.
- 3Meanwhile as the potatoes are boiling, combine the remaining ingredients *except* for the corn in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add the drained potatoes to the mixing bowl and mash them with the other ingredients. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- 5Stir in the corn.
- 6Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes Olè
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g