Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mashed potatoes the French way. Made with olive oil and garnished with olives.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs red potatoes (about 3 large)
- 4 large dry-cured black olives
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut into sixths; place in saucepan, cover with cold water and drain; refill with cold water to cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, pit olives, if necessary, and dice finely, about 1/16"; just before potatoes are cooked, heat milk and olive oil together.
- Drain potatoes and shake them around in the pan until they become as dry as possible; coarsely mash with a potato masher or put through a ricer; add milk mixture, salt and pepper; mash until smooth and fluffy.
- Adjust seasoning; plate or put in serving bowl and sprinkle with olives.
Nice and simple. Very tasty.