Mashed Potatoes & Cauliflower With Ginger Scallion Pesto
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, cauliflower and salt with enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily crushed with a fork (15-20 minutes boiling).
- Drain and mash with butter and milk until smooth (use just enough milk to make the mixture smooth) (about 1 minute of beating with an electric mixer).
- Warm potatoes over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add pesto, and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve.