Mashed potatoes complimented by a simple Asian pesto. For an elegant finishing touch try adding pan-fried Chinese sausages or sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, cauliflower and salt with enough cold water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily crushed with a fork (15-20 minutes boiling).
- 3Drain and mash with butter and milk until smooth (use just enough milk to make the mixture smooth) (about 1 minute of beating with an electric mixer).
- 4Warm potatoes over medium heat for 1 minute.
- 5Add pesto, and stir well.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes & Cauliflower With Ginger Scallion Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 955.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: