Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mashed potatoes complimented by a simple Asian pesto. For an elegant finishing touch try adding pan-fried Chinese sausages or sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter just before serving.
- 1 lb potato, cut into 1-inch cubes (preferably Yukon Gold)
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup ginger scallion pesto sauce (Ginger Scallion Pesto)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (or to taste)
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, cauliflower and salt with enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily crushed with a fork (15-20 minutes boiling).
- Drain and mash with butter and milk until smooth (use just enough milk to make the mixture smooth) (about 1 minute of beating with an electric mixer).
- Warm potatoes over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add pesto, and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve.
I loved this! The pesto added such a lovely flavour. Thank-you!