Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is so simple but was not posted so I thought I would post it. I used left over cooked carrots and rather than reheat them I threw them in with the potatoes for the last 5 minutes cooking time. The amount of Carrot & potato should be about equal. You may add parsley, bacon, turnip or any other ingredient that you wish or have them plain like this recipe. Excellent way to use up left over veggies.
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed, cut in chunks
- 4 large carrots, cleaned cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt & pepper
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Boil the carrots in a separate pot until tender.
- Drain the potatoes & carrots.
- Mix together, mash with the butter (margarine).
On 2/27/11 I made this for the "Sides" event in the Food Photos forum.I sort of made the recipe as it was written, I cooked the veggies together. After mashing and tasting, a bit more margarine and LOTS of S & P were added. We both really enjoyed the taste so much that this recipe will be made again.Bergy, thank you for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
Simple comfort food at it's best! My mom made this recipe for me and my sister when we were little girls and I continue on making it today. It's one of my favorite things and so delicious! Thank you Bergy for posting!:)