Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
We like this recipe of mashed potatoes as it is colourful with the chopped red pepper.
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 1 small turnip, peeled and cut up
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped evenly
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes and turnip in a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and drain, then put the pan back on the stove (uncovered) and heat for a minute or two to evaporate most of the water.
- Puree the vegetables in a sieve, food mill or blender.
- Add the red pepper.
- Scald the milk in a separate pan and then add to the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the resulting mixture in and oblong form and decorate with a bit of parsley sprigs.