This is a nice twist on plain mashed taters. Points 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled,cubed
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled,diced (yellow variety)
- 1/2 cup rutabaga, peeled,diced
- 1/2 cup turnip, peeled,diced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1Prepare vegetables, cutting potatoes into chunks, and dicing sweet potato, rutabaga, and turnip.
- 2Warm cream, milk, butter, nutmeg, and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 3Cook vegetables in a large pot with salt and enough cold water to cover by 1/2".
- 4Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft, but not falling apart, about 10 to12 minutes.
- 6Drain vegetables then return them to the pot.
- 7To evaporate any excess water, increase heat to high and cook vegetables briefly, just until they begin to stick slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8Stir them constantly to prevent scorching.
- 9Mash vegetables using a potato ricer, electric mixer, food mill, or by hand with a masher.
- 10Once mashed, gradually stir in the warm milk mixture until desired consistency is reached.
- 11Taste for seasoning and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes and Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (1329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 1439.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g