Recipe by Meike
Recipe for Mashed Potatoes for 2 different Variations (Mashed potatoes and garlic and herb mashed potatoes)
- 2 1⁄4 lbs floury potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes, peel, rinse, cut into pieces and put in a saucepan. Add some salt and just enough water to cover the potatoes, then bring to a boil. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes until done, drain and put them through a potato ricer or mash them with a potato masher, Add the butter or margarine.
- Bring milk to boil and stir little by little into the potato mash (amount of milk will vary according to type of potatoes).
- Beat the mash with whisk over low heat until it has a light, smooth consistency. Season with salt and nutmeg.
- Variation 2: Garlic and Herb mashed potatoes: Peel 1-2 cloves of garlic and chop up. Melt the butter, add garlic and sweat for about 5 minutes over low heat. Stir garlic butter into mashed potatoes together with 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon chopped chives.