Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I must say, I thought I had mashed potatoes down and didn't need a recipe. This recipe changed my mind. I added ingredients I wouldn't have considered, Recipe courtesy of Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes.
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks, dropping into a large saucepan half filled with cold water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to boiling and boil, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Drain and set potatoes aside.
- In same saucepan, bring 1 cup milk and butter to simmering.
- Turn off heat.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Add pepper, nutmeg, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Mash.
- Stir in parsley and remaining 1/2 cup milk.