Recipe by sae2008
This is a fairly big recipe but I use the leftovers for hashbrowns or for dinner the next day if I have any.
- 3 lbs peeled and cubed russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fred meyer margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse potatoes with water.
- Put potatoes into a big pot.
- Fill the pot with water enough to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain water from the potatoes when done.
- Add margarine, salt and milk.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or mix with a hand beater.