Recipe by Tsmith70
As a meat and potatoes kind of guy, mashed potatoes is my favorite side dish. I've been making this for years, and it's the main thing I'm asked to make for family gatherings. These mashed potatoes are better than any I've ever found anywhere
- 8 -10 medium idaho russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup blue bonnet margarine
- parsley flakes, to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, cut up and boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain water and put potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add margarine, sour cream and milk.
- Use an electric mixer and mix until desired consistency.
- The KEY here is to add salt and pepper to taste.
- You might add anywhere from a teaspoon to several tablespoons of salt, just depending on how much you like salt.
- Pepper is the same way, although use it more sparingly.
- Just remember to add a little at a time, until you get it where you like it.
- Once that is done, I usually put a couple of pats of margarine on top of the finished potatoes to let it melt.
- Then sprinkle parsley over it.
- This will make the best mashed potatoes I've ever found anywhere.