Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
As a meat and potatoes kind of guy, mashed potatoes is my favorite side dish. I've been making this for years, and it's the main thing I'm asked to make for family gatherings. These mashed potatoes are better than any I've ever found anywhere
- Peel, cut up and boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain water and put potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add margarine, sour cream and milk.
- Use an electric mixer and mix until desired consistency.
- The KEY here is to add salt and pepper to taste.
- You might add anywhere from a teaspoon to several tablespoons of salt, just depending on how much you like salt.
- Pepper is the same way, although use it more sparingly.
- Just remember to add a little at a time, until you get it where you like it.
- Once that is done, I usually put a couple of pats of margarine on top of the finished potatoes to let it melt.
- Then sprinkle parsley over it.
- This will make the best mashed potatoes I've ever found anywhere.
So simple, so good. This is a great recipe for rich, delicious mashed potatoes. I've tried it with just a pinch of crushed garlic as well and this recipe tastes perfect.
I made this 2 nights ago and we all loved it. This is the best mashed potatoes I have ever tried,so easy and it's things I always have in the fridge. This is a keeper thanks for a great recipe. I might add a little garlic next time:)
A very good, simple recipe with that little something extra to bring it over the top. I make mashed potatoes similarly, but without the sour cream. The sour cream is the extra secret ingredient that makes the difference. Thanks for sharing.