Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make ahead mashed potatoes, so you can enjoy more time with your family for holy days.
- 8 medium sized potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 4 tablespoons butter (at least)
- Peel potatoes and cook until tender.
- Drain and place mixing bowl. (If mixer is not large enough, do in two batches.
- Whip all ingredients until creamy.
- Place in greased casserole and dollop with butter.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 - 60 minutes or until bubbly.
- Optional ingredients: chives or paprika for top.
- If making ahead: Prepare without baking and refrigerate. Take out early in the morning and let sit to reach room temperature before baking.
- Tip for lighter version: this recipe works well using light or low fat cream cheese and sour cream. Also, spray Pam to grease the casserole.
These were Great!!! My Family Loves mashed potatoes and gravy, but I didn't want to make gravy, so now I've found a very tasty alternative mash potatoes. Easy to make. Thank You. [Made for Bargain Basement Tag]