Recipe by Chef Emanuela
Make ahead mashed potatoes, so you can enjoy more time with your family for holy days.
Top Review by MomLuvs6
These were Great!!! My Family Loves mashed potatoes and gravy, but I didn't want to make gravy, so now I've found a very tasty alternative mash potatoes. Easy to make. Thank You. [Made for Bargain Basement Tag]
- 8 medium sized potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 4 tablespoons butter (at least)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cook until tender.
- Drain and place mixing bowl. (If mixer is not large enough, do in two batches.
- Whip all ingredients until creamy.
- Place in greased casserole and dollop with butter.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 - 60 minutes or until bubbly.
- Optional ingredients: chives or paprika for top.
- If making ahead: Prepare without baking and refrigerate. Take out early in the morning and let sit to reach room temperature before baking.
- Tip for lighter version: this recipe works well using light or low fat cream cheese and sour cream. Also, spray Pam to grease the casserole.