- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Cook covered in a small amount of boiling salted water for 25 minutes.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add margarine.
- Salt and pepper or nutmeg to taste.
- Beat in enough milk to make potatoes light and fluffy.
Each and every time I make mashed potatoes I wing/guess the butter and milk. More often than not, I use too much milk and they are a bit wet. Thank you for posting your recipe as this is the first time I've made great mashed potatoes! Better yet I'll be able to do it time and time again (always a surprise in the past) for which my family is very grateful.
Thank You so very much. This is a must for me. I have made so many mashed potatoes that have been to dry or watery. You have done a good job at posting this. Thank You
We enjoyed the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook mashed potatoes for our holiday today and went to post it and found your recipe to be a match. The only thing that we did different was instead of an electric mixer I did it by hand with a potato masher. I also use just salt and pepper and no nutmeg. Thanks for posting Tam! Enjoy ChefDLH