Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For beginners. Simple, delicious.
Make and share this Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, and roughly chop potatoes into equal sized chunks.
- Place potatoes in a pot and add water to cover. Add a few dashes of salt.
- Bring potatoes to a boil until easily pierced with a fork, approximately 10 minutes depending on the size of your chunks.
- Drain cooking water from the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Cover them with a cloth dishtowel to further absorb moisture.
- Combine the butter and cream in a saucepan over medium high heat. Scald the cream mixture just until steaming (do not boil).
- Remove the dishtowel and pour 1/2 the hot cream mixture into the bowl with the potatoes.
- Using a potato masher or a hand mixer, mash and blend the potatoes and cream until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the hot cream as desired and mix for creamier potatoes.
These are GREAT! :) Thank you for sharing!
Awesome! Everyone in my family ate and liked these - even the two who had decided that they only liked mashed potatoes from flakes. The gold potatoes have a nice flavor - I had only used Idahos for "real mashed potatoes" in the past. I used about 1/2 cup rice milk with 4 tbsp. of Smart Balance butter substitute as I have a 3 year old who seems to have a problem with dairy products.
I made these tonight , and found that they were not as good as our usual recipe. They were ok, but they were not the same- And I dirtied more dishes. Sorry!