Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
I can't remember where I found this recipe but it's a keeper. Very basic, I had never made mashed potatoes from scratch before and was asked to bring them to Thanksgiving dinner a few years ago. I was nervous so I made sure to use a great and easy recipe. They turned out perfect, nobody knew I was a mashed potato virgin!!! This recipe serves 4, but I had to serve 16 so here are the large measurements- 24 potatoes, 1 c butter, about 2 c milk
- 6 potatoes, medium
- 4 tablespoons butter, salted
- 8 tablespoons milk, you might not use it all
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Cook covered with enough salted water (sometimes I use chicken broth) to just cover potatoes for 20-25 or until soft.
- Beat on low with electric mixer.
- Add butter, salt & pepper to taste.
- Beat in enough milk until light & fluffy.
- Serve with favorite gravy or topping.