1/1 Photo of Mashed-Potato-Stuffed Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe from Rachel Ray's web site. The next time I make it I am going to add more flavor to the mashed potatoes such as sour cream or cheese. It was a very nice meal and we enjoyed it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lemon, grated peel and reserve the juice from lemon
- salt and pepper (for extra flavor I would recommend a tablespoon of sour cream or small amount of shredded cheese)
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3.5 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring potatoes and enough cold water to cover to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain and return potatoes to pan.
- 4Add milk, 2 tablespooons butter, and lemon peel. Mash until smooth. Can add other seasonings if desired.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer potatoes to a work surface, flatten into an even round and cut into quarters.
- 7Run your fingers under the skin of each chicken breast to separate it from the meat.
- 8Place one quarter of the potatoes unter the skin, gently pressing to evenly distribute.
- 9Place stuffed chicken breasts in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Bake until tender and juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
- 11Transfer to chicken to a plate. Stir lemon juice, parsley and remaining butter into the pan juices, scraping any borwned bits from the bottom. Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed-Potato-Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 139.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 17.3 g