Recipe by Moody
I can't remember where this recipe originated from, but I do remember that it said it was good with corn on the cob, which is a good way to eat it. Think: cottage evenings, barbecues, a little Jerk chicken...
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Wonderfull recipe. I love bell peppers and mashed potatoes, so this recipe is just right for me. The only thing I am going to do different next time is make some real bacon bits and sprinkle on top before serving. Thanks for the recipe, it is definately a keeper.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped finely
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the tops off the peppers, just below the stem, to make a cup.
- Seed them,& remove the spines.
- Gently parboil peppers for about 5 minutes, remove& drain upside down.
- Saute onion& red pepper in oil until onions are soft.
- Add salt& pepper, chives,& mix into the mashed potatoes.
- Stuff the peppers.
- Stand peppers in a deep-sided casserole dish& pour the tomato sauce into the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover,& bake 5 minutes longer.
- Serve hot.