Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy creamy textured potato and carrot soup. Simple and easy to prepare. This recipe is for a request for a lost recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, including the leaves, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, grated coarse
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch of crumbled dried rosemary
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook the onion, celery, and carrot in butter over medium-low heat, stirring, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the broth and rosemary, and bring to boiling.
- Whisk in the potatoes, a little at a time, bring the soup to a boil again, stirring, and add the vinegar, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Wow!!! How is this so good?! We just devoured the whole pot of soup! From now on I'm always making extra mashed potatoes so I can make this soup. Thanks for sharing!!
Terrific soup. Loved the flavor and texture. It's a wonderful recipe for your leftover mashed potatoes. It's creamy without any cream! That little splash of vinegar was especially nice. Thanx for sharing. This is a keeper for sure!
This was a hit with the DH as well as myself. I loved the carrots shredded and it gave it such a nice consistency. Thanks for a winner recipe