Recipe by Steve P.
Easy creamy textured potato and carrot soup. Simple and easy to prepare. This recipe is for a request for a lost recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, including the leaves, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, grated coarse
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch of crumbled dried rosemary
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook the onion, celery, and carrot in butter over medium-low heat, stirring, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the broth and rosemary, and bring to boiling.
- Whisk in the potatoes, a little at a time, bring the soup to a boil again, stirring, and add the vinegar, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.