Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this on a website called frugal living, and it's a great way to make use of a small amount of leftover potatoes. It tastes best after it's been refrigerated for a while, so plan ahead. Note..I use onion powder, but feel free to use 1 small onion, diced.
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Mix potatoes with next 4 ingredients.
- Add just enough mayo to bind. You may need less than 1/2 cup, or you might like more.
- Chill overnight, or at least several hours. This gets better the longer it sits.