Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The combination of the two potatoes and the awesome dressing makes this unique salad so full of flavor. For more flavor and texture, you can also make this recipe with the skins on the potatoes. Try this for your next cookout. You won't be disappointed.
- 5 red potatoes
- 5 yukon gold potatoes
- 29.58 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml prepared mustard
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 small sweet gherkins, finely chopped
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and place cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- I like to leave them a little chunky.
- Stir in the celery, onion and pickles.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and sour cream, and stir into mashed potatoes, mixing well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.